Wednesday, April 23, 2008

EARTHDAY IS EVERYDAY



Well, this pretty much says it all for me! I had hoped to post yesterday, but it was my B'EARTHDAY and I was a bit preoccupied. Yep--April 22. Nice of them to make Earthday on my birthday back in 1970.

This year has been a real "getting back to nature" experience for me, when my bird watching and hiking has kicked into high gear. I've also been focusing on "going green," and going organic. It's not easy and it's not often cheap, but at least now I don't feel guilty about everything that I do (well, except for still driving my car). I stopped eating beef and limit my poultry and fish consumption to free-range and farm-grown; and even that is in reduced amounts. I buy dairy products from cruelty free, organic sources. I recycle everything I can and always take re-useable grocery bags to the store. Got swirly bulbs for the house, too! It takes a little time to think it all out, but once I got in the groove, it was super easy.

Happy Birthday, Mother Earth!

No comments: