Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SOMETIMES THE SKY'S JUST WORTH WATCHING








I imagine that there are a lot of strangers that look at me like I'm crazy. I will be walking along and all of a sudden I'll look up because either a bird or a piece of sky has caught my attention. Well today was no different. The sky went through some interesting changes late this afternoon. In the space of less than an hour, there were more odd cloud formations than I could count, and then a fiery finish!

Part of enjoying the urban wild is taking the time to observe the nature that surrounds us always, even if we think we are in the city. It's evenings like these that are worth stopping to look.

Speaking of which, tonight I plan to look for Comet Lulin in the night sky, which is supposed to be visible with 10 x 50 binoculars (which I have, mounted on a tripod) in the S-SE sky near the planet Jupiter. Hope I spot it--this is a once in a lifetime comet and won't ever be back this way.



No comments: