Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A COLD AND CLOUDY MORNING

It was 49-degrees this morning, and with a breeze blowing out of the north, it felt even cooler. Now before you folks who live in colder climes start laughing, let me tell you that it felt cold to this native Californian with thin blood! But bundled in my new Carhartt jacket with hood, I was toasty warm. The clouds were magnificent and I went up to the roof of my building on campus to enjoy the show. (photos taken with my Droid phone)
The view to the SE--the sun was glowing there behind the clouds.
View looking West.
View to the SW. There was a flock of Cedar Waxwings circling around, but my camera could not capture them.
When I was walking to my office, I came across this sculpture near one of the buildings. In my four years here, I've never noticed it before! Looks like a bird to me!

Speaking of birds, I didn't find too many this morning. I am sure the weather put them off. Yesterday there was a pre-Thanksgiving cornucopia of birds, the most species I've seen in a single morning in a long while:

Black Phoebe

Nuttall's Woodpecker
Bushtit
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Mountain Chickadee
Allen's Hummingbird
Yellow-rumped Warbler
California Towhee
Dark-eyed Junco
Cedar Waxwing
American Crow
Bewick's Wren
Rock Pigeon

3 comments:

Juan Carlos Gálvez said...

Beautiful claudy day such as your blog.
Thanks a lot for visiting my web.

Best regards,
Juan Carlos

P.D.:your spanish is better than my english,I think.

Urban Wild said...

Hi Juan--actually I cheated on the Spanish! I used the Google translator! Thanks for visiting my blog.
--Linda

Theresaq said...

Fabulous, Linda! I love your watercolors. They have such personality! But, of COURSE they do! (;>)