Tuesday, November 9, 2010

THE OUTDOORS CALLING

Now that the move is done, and even though I haven't quite put everything away yet, I feel an outdoor adventure calling to me. I haven't been to the mountains in so long that I'm starting to feel homesick. I hope to get up to "the high country" before the first snow falls and makes it more difficult for access (I don't own a 4-wheel drive).

One of my special places is Mt. Pinos. It's not too far from home and there are some lovely spots to set up a 'sit spot' to watch and observe birds. Not sure what birds will remain in the higher elevations this time of year, but it would be interesting to find out! I know from last year's trip in September that there are loads of nuthatches, flickers, and woodpeckers; but the nuthatches are already migrating.

It is good to get to know the mountains in its various seasons!

1 comment:

Tabor said...

It is good to know because then you have another friend.